Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney tonight!

While I was digging in my crowded garage bringing the Christmas decorations in I happened upon this original 45 of Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby in my grandmother's records! Isn't it cool looking? It's dated 1954 on the back. I created a shadowbox complete with a hot pink stocking, a pic of a light blue Cadillac, a copy of the cover of the single, and a photo of a Tiffany's box. I lettered some of the lyrics around the edge of the shadowbox. I love this version of the song and I thought this was a cool way to display it for the holidays.
It will be traveling to Connecticut tonight as a gift for my son's partner.
What do you think? Is it retro enough?
I hope your holiday is overflowing with love!

1 comment:

Edward Boyle said...

I simply ADORE it! It's going to hang in our guest room. Jamison sort of described it but WOW it's just beautiful! You're SO talented Jen! I love it!
Thank you!
Love,
Ed