Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas '09 Card Designs Preview !!!!


I have been hosting a Holiday Card workshop at my house for several years. I design 5 different cards and set up centers to put the cards together. We make 4 of each card and end up with 20 handmade cards. My friends really enjoy this tradition and I have fun coming up with new ideas every year. I stamp and cut all the pieces and all they have to do is fold, ink, color, glitter, and glue!

The cards with the children on them are 3 versions of the same design.
This glitter bird is made from a Martha Stewart kit. I added the background paper, stamped holly and Peace circle, and a strip of ribbon on the bottom edge. The superfine glitter is just gorgeous!
You can click on any card to make it larger to see the details!
This gingerbread paper is flocked and the chocolate brown trim is embossed.

2 comments:

ScaryCheri said...

oh these cards are beautiful Jen. How fun that workshop sounds. Been looking at different designs for cards this year but not sure I am going to have time to make any. I am usually lucky if I can buy them and get them out before Easter, lol. Hugz, Scary

CatieAn said...

Your cards are simply wonderful!!
I am thinking maybe you should make cards for a year of 'event's and give them as gifts to relatives for bd's christmas etc?
or do you do that?
I wish i were at your workshops!