Sunday, August 16, 2009

On Your Newsstand Now and a New Song


I was pleasantly surprised to get these two lovely magazines in my mailbox this month because it meant I've had some artwork published! It's always so exciting that is really a private little thrill that no one else really understands.
Stampington's Handcrafted magazine reprints projects and articles from it's HUGE line-up of publications.
I have bought stacks of these magazines in the past few years and I found many projects I must have missed the first time around. I have an altered book on page 168.
Lots of inspirational art and cool project ideas and instructions in this book!
In the new issue of Somerset Home I have an altered frame on page 53. I am amazed at the
wide range of artistic items with functional uses. I love all the ideas for framed art and stitched
art. I will be using this book as a jumping off point for some new projects!
My husband e-mailed me a song while I was at work last week. He said he heard it and it reminded him of me! I am going to add it to my playlist, so click on Follow Me and have a listen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! Your work is awesome and should be published everywhere!
Eileen

Tinker said...

Congratulations, Jen! I'll have to look for those. Sorry we missed you the other night, I was really looking forward to seeing you - & seeing all your creative projects too. Hope we can get together another time soon.
Lots of love, terri

peggy gatto said...

Congratulations!!!

juls4real said...

Jen, I bought both of those books over the weekend. I wasn't finding you in there anywhere. I'm so glad I popped in on your blog. I felt so excited to see your work. Now even more reason to keep buying somerset books. I found your other project in holidays. So exciting. Love it! More inspiration for the altered book. Thanks. \JF

Tristan Robin said...

Well, I understand that little thrill! LOL

COngratulations on your (well deserved) inclusions!

Pilar said...

Congrats, rock star!

Martina said...

Hi Jennifer,

this morning here are arrived three wonderful Zetti-ATC`s. And one of them was yours.

Thank you for that. It pleased me very much and it is very nicely done. So creative !

Maybe the next time we come back together at Marion`s swap.

Many greetings from Germany
Hugs

MARTINA

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Zoe said...

Jen I am so thrilled you have been published again, you are such an inspiration! Let me know which piece is yours in hand crafted as I have it and would love to take a closer look :) Big Hugs Zoe xoxox

Jane said...

Congrats for having your artwork published! That's wonderful. I love the card you made for your sister!!!

And thank you for visiting my rooster post and for your comments.
I'm still learning...

Jane (artfully graced)