Monday, December 29, 2008

Snapshots of Christmas

Here's a peek into my house  all decorated for the holiday season.  I thought I'd share before I have to pack it all away again!  The first photo is my new snowfamily I got the day AFTER Christmas because it was such a good deal and they were so quirky and cute!

Here's a close-up of my tree, I was trying to go for a subtle Dr. Suess theme. But, no one else in my family "got" my theme idea, even though they all said they liked the tree.  Maybe I need a striped Cat in The Hat Topper next year.  
I love how my altered ice-skates look hanging at the end of the bannister!  I forgot to rotate this photo, so you'll have to tip your head, sorry!


I promised I would post a pic of my packing tape sculpture all lit up for the holidays! It WAS a conversation piece, but I think many family members and friends thought I was very strange to wrap myself in tape, cut it off and tape it all back together.  Oh well, everybody has to have a hobby, right? 
Here is my little kitchen island and you can see my Santas up on top of the cabinets.

And, finally a larger shot of the tree.  I really like it and it still reminds ME of Dr. Suess!

3 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love your festive decor! And your sculpture looks awesome. I will catch up with the journaql today!!!
happy new year!

sandee said...

Looks like you had a terrific holiday! I love what you did with your self-sculpture!!! I will also start your journal challenge in 200; that's the resolution I made to myself. It just seems like all the art I've made this year was for other people. I want to do it for myself this year!!!

Have a great New Year sweetpea. I do miss you!

sandee said...

Oops! It should read 2009!!!