Friday, August 12, 2011

Goodbye Samson!

Yesterday we had to make the decision to say goodbye to our beautiful lab Samson after trying desperately to save him. He spent 5 nights at the vets and didn't get any better. He had stopped eating and didn't even respond after the first time we visited him. We found him 5 years ago and he had been a street dog for awhile. He was so skinny and was used to begging for food. We took him to our vet and he had a microchip. They contacted the previous owners and they said, "That dog ran away months ago, you can keep him". He was housebroken and had been fixed. He walked on the leash much better than our pedigreed, trained lab, Maggie May! He was so pretty but we all learned that Maggie was the brains of the operation. We called Samson our male model. He still thought of himself as a cute little puppy and would try to actually climb up on people's laps! All 95 pounds of him!Our family and friends will miss him, but I am glad we had him for 5 years and he had a nice life with us!

8 comments:

.Trudi Sissons said...

So sorry Jenn to hear of your loss. Xx Trudi

Monica said...

it is always hard to say the last goodbye. he ran away so that he could find someone loving and kind. He knew he was loved

Christy said...

We had the same thing happen to our Lab, Humphrey almost two years ago. Besides suffering seizures here and there...he finally started not eating, and nothing we could do except feeding him doggie treats would work. He was already almost 12 years old, and the seizures had started taking an adverse affect on him...so the difficult decision was made. We miss him and your Samson looks just like or Humphrey.

Sorry for your loss...

juls4real said...

I am so sorry Jenny. I know you loved that dog. He was a great art companion, too. I liked that he would hand out with us. You must all be heart broken. Poor ol guy. Poor Maggie. You all take care..juls

Francine said...

Hello! Sorry to hear of your friend passing away. I just had to comment, because it broke my heart reading about your dog and his passing and a little bit about how you found him. I love Labradors. Anyway, I love your art, and I am now following your blog. I see that you are new to the group Mixedmediaart, and I am as well. Hugs, Francine

Scrap-in said...

Sorry for your loss.....

J.E. Bolton said...

This is my first time here at this blog. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tammy Hixon said...

It's so devastating to loose them. He was so lucky to have found a loving home with you.