Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Works in progress in portrait class

Week 2 of Suzi Blu's on-line portrait class. I did all of the graphite sketches in week one and
now we are adding color with colored pencil and paint for the hair. The sketchbook I got really shows the smudges from the pencils. I am trying to shade but some of my faces just look dirty!




I do like some of my drawing s and hope I don't mess them up trying to add color! It's hard to
partially color a face like Suzi suggests. Once I start coloring I feel compelled to color it ALL in!
We will be adding poetry and prose to these as well. I have been so hooked on drawing that I haven't started the writing exercises yet. I would love to have some feedback from my artist
peeps.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they all look beautiful!

peggy gatto said...

You are doing superb! She is so soft and flowing.
I am just starting the nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BunnyKissd said...

Gorgeous! You are so lucky to be in that class!

Kelly Snelling said...

way to go, jen! they look great. i hope you are having a blast creating them. don't let the coloring/shading worry you. you are learning. be easy on yourself and have fun with it.

Diane said...

OMG...these are FABULOUS, Jen! I love them all. I am amazed at your talent!
Hugs, Diane

Marilyn said...

How terrific these look. I love faces and keep trying them. Looks like it was a great class.

Pilar said...

Wowikazowi! Your graphite work is just splendid! You are doing such a kickin' job in this class with your use of value and shape. I love the gal with the yellow hair. : D You have taken Suzi's techniques and made them your own. Would you believe I haven't started the class as of yet? I have been swollowed up by another project. However, your new work has me excited about working with the lessons when I am done. I can't wait to see your paint/color work. : D

Tinker said...

They're looking really good, Jen!
Keep it up! xo

HappyDayArt! said...

wow! I love the drawings without color too!

Catherine